Audubon Community Nature Center 2019 Nature Photography Contest.
Enter for a chance to win cash and the opportunity to display your work in a summer 2019 exhibit.
Submissions are now being accepted for the annual Audubon Community Nature Center Nature Photography Contest. Cash prizes of $200 will be awarded to Adult and Youth winners in three categories: Naturally Funny, Field Guide Worthy, and Naturally Beautiful. Winners and 12 finalists will be exhibited for approximately one month in downtown Jamestown, New York, in August during the 2019 Lucille Ball Comedy Festival and will be posted on the contest website indefinitely.
Photography Contest Categories.
In selecting the categories for this year’s contest, Audubon Community Nature Center looked to its hometown for inspiration.
- Naturally Funny: Jamestown, New York, is the birthplace of Lucille Ball and home to the Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum and the National Comedy Center. In tribute to our First Lady of Comedy, one of the 2019 Nature Photography Contest categories is Naturally Funny: Wildlife photos that make us smile or laugh.
- Field Guide Worthy: Jamestown is also the birthplace of Roger Tory Peterson and home of the Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History. In honor of the premier naturalist of the 20th Century and the more than 50 Peterson Field Guides, the second contest category is Field Guide Worthy: Photos that could be used for identification in a field guide.
- Naturally Beautiful: The third category is an opportunity to let the world see where you think of as home. Naturally Beautiful: Show us the beautiful landscapes where you live.
- Entry fee: $15 per photo
- Contest opens February 1, 2019
- Deadline to apply: Sunday, June 30, 2019.
- The 2019 contest will be judged by Mark Kirsch of Jamestown, New York.
- Winners announced in mid-July
See also: Street Photography Photo Contest